This was originally posted on my marketing/social media blog. However, all of these translate directly to bands and musicians using Twitter
I recently wrote an article full of tips for networking for musicians. This led to a few requests for tips on Twitter. Here are my tips, all delivered in 140 characters or less to help get you more followers, a more engaged followers, and a more interesting profile.
1) “Brevity is the soul of wit.” -Shakespeare.
2) Keep it sassy, funny, or quotable.
3) Follow people by industry or interest, learn from them.
4) Listen before you post.
5) Be consistent, post as often as you can.
6) Timing matters more than grammar or spelling.
7) Watch for auto-correct. It’s a sneaky beast.
8) Learn the language: Twitter glossary.
9) There’s room for 140, but try to keep it to 100-120 characters.
10) Connect it with
View original post 467 more words